1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

This Agency is accepting query like no other

Discussion in 'Agents/Lawyers/Managers' started by maccabeus, Apr 18, 2010.

1. maccabeus

maccabeus Bronze Member

Agmenon Literary Agency is accepting queries letters from aspiring screenwriters like no other agency in Hollywood I've seen.

These guys are providing providing free consultancy services and coverage on even the dullest material submitted.

I have submitted a material to them, though the material was neither sold or optioned, the extensive coverage and insight provided by these guys actually made a difference in my re-write.

Go check them out yourself, and when you're back, don't for get to tell others:D

Agmenon Literary Agency

343 Los Feliz Blvd., Ste. 101
    Los Angeles, CA 90027
    Tel: (323) 856-8909

NOTE: ALL QUERY MUST BE ADDRESSED TO:

Paul Neban (Director of Developement)
    Email:query at agmenonlit.co.cc

Agents List

John Howler (President)
    Email: jhowler@agmenonlit.co.cc

Email: pneban at agmenonlit.co.cc

Julia Hashmore (Ass. Director of Developement)
    Email: jhashmore at agmenonlit.co.cc

William Turner
    Email: wturner at agmenonlit.co.cc

Benjamin Hartlan

Micheal Milton

Natasha Stille

Hey dude! Before you go mail this guy, check out their web for more information.:rolleyes: Mail your query only to Paul Neban, cos other will still refer you to him.
  2. Twyla

Twyla Bronze Member

3. JohnB.

JohnB. Gold Member

Either they are an underground company or this fake. I googled them and got nothing.

I also tried the website address and it is denied listing or something.
  4. craktactor

craktactor Moderator

Guys, c'mon.
    Didn't you notice the lack of grammar skills used?
    "...is accepting queries letters..." "I have submitted a material to them.."
    Obviously written by a seven year-old just having fun.
    Or someone where English is not their first language.
    Or just someone that's just plain slow/uneducated/doltish/etc...
    Or it's the president of the company - John Howler - seeing as his email is the only highlighted one. And if so... good luck with this one.
  5. Twyla

Twyla Bronze Member

Typos and grammatical errors happen to everyone, Crakt, particularly when one changes a choice in wording spontaneously. And the one email addy was auto-formatted by the forums because of the @.

At least they're not someone who makes all their forum messages look like they C&P'd their chat logs. :rolleyes: Annoyingly difficult to read.

[/ReturnToSubject]
  6. davidartiste

davidartiste Silver Member

Guys, this isn't worth a debate. It's super simple. Call the WGAWest or East and ask if they are a guilded agency. If not, then they are an utter waste of time who is able to bubkis for you. if they are, then they are recognized as legitimate by the writer's guild and that is good enough.
  7. maccabeus

maccabeus Bronze Member

I once asked Gerard Jones if he ever sold his “GINNY GOOD” to a movie producer, but he succinctly replied: “I don’t care selling what I write. Virtue…virtue is the ultimate thing!” Good for the old man, but who among us care about virtue? Everyone wants to sell something; make some money; buy a pent house…

There’re thousands and one Agency with invalid web addresses, I have tried dozens myself on popular “Screenplay website.” I’m stunned when people like “craktactor” flayed me for pointing to this. I have been there once, if you couldn’t find it, that’s something within the Agency and not me. I was only trying to help someone who has spent thousands of hours sending QUERIES to the never yielding Hollywood Agents, who’ll do nothing but respond with” NO UNSOLICITED SUBMISSION.”

And my grammar, well, an average screenwriter who has spent a lifetime reading rejection would understand. I don’t need a polished grammar to tell them where to go. “DO I?” I wasn’t allowed to send links, that’s why I improvised with “at”. I felt the dumbest could understand.

These are the agents in Agmenon if you care to know, I copied it from their website. And for craktactor, note that “AT” signifies @. Isn’t that easy enough!? Oh, I checked it out today, it seem the web is running. agmenonlit.co.cc

Email: pneban AT agmenonlit.co.cc

Julia Hashmore (Ass. Director of Developement)
    Email: jhashmore AT agmenonlit.co.cc

William Turner
    Email: wturner AT agmenonlit.co.cc

Benjamin Hartlan
    Email: bhartlan AT agmenonlit.co.cc

Micheal Milton
    Email: mmilton AT agmenonlit.co.cc

Natasha Stille
    Email: nstille AT agmenonlit.co.cc

Cheers!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  8. Twyla

Twyla Bronze Member

Okay, I did a little investigating on this place and here's what I've found out:

1 ) The web site is broken as hell, and the © notice is dated 2007
    2 ) What pages do work contain conflicting information
    3 ) The web site uses free web hosting and email forwarding from Jabry.com
    4 ) The listed physical address is either a typo or bogus (unless he's operating out of a fotomat booth)
    5 ) The listed phone number traces to a run-down 1970s apartment complex

Um, yeah... Sorry, guy, but I think I'd be safer buying seafood from the back of a van.
  9. davidartiste

davidartiste Silver Member

Wow! great work Twyla!
  10. maccabeus

maccabeus Bronze Member

Lately, I have been quite busy working on my new screenplay.
    Twyla did a great job tracking, but I’ll like to point some interesting issues out.

1. Agencies do run on free hosting services/ social networks. I’m not surprise when these guys run on one. Agency business is like charity—you do a lot to get little.
    2. Not all agents/ Agencies are WGA signatories, but that doesn’t indicate they’re fake.
    3. About the physical address, I can’t say. But I once have a script delivered by HSX.
    4. And interestingly, the phone, call it “NO UNSOLICITED PHONE POLICY”. Hollywood is a crazy place.:eek::eek:

I’m out!