1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

Register your work

Discussion in 'Who Works Where?' started by Camill79, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jacintha19

Jacintha19 Guest

Very useful info here :)
  2. CraigWChase

CraigWChase Bronze Member

First time post from me, so hi everyone. :)

I've used all three services mentioned above before. Even used the mail to yourself method, but after some research, I found that it's not the best method to protect your work. I think the Library of Congress is the best way to go in my opinion. Yes, it's more expensive, but lifelong protection can't be beaten. I'm going to register my newest script with them before the WGA registration expires. Five years goes by to fast for me.
  3. pollyanna03

pollyanna03 Guest

:) thanks for your information.someday i come across problems.come here.feel relaxed.so many people are helpful.i am not alone
  4. irishgal1971

irishgal1971 Bronze Member

Thanks for all your advice....I'll probably register with WGA and copyright with LOC.
  5. Giovanni

Giovanni Bronze Member

Not sure what everyone thinks about script vault, however here is the link below.

thescriptvault.com/home.html
  6. adbmon21

adbmon21 Bronze Member

The only thing I did for mine was US copyright. A lot of people say WGA isn't necessary.
  7. Lawguy77

Lawguy77 Bronze Member

As an attorney, it makes me sad to read some of the responses. I.e., the screenplay in the envelope trick does NOT work. Also, don't be cheap. Copyright your work. To my knowledge, it's $35 and doesn't take a rocket scientist to do.

Just an FYI, after reading a few legal articles online in re to registering your work on WGA, I was not surprised to learn that it offers little, if any protection. Don't be a fool. Copyright your work!
  8. davidartiste

davidartiste Silver Member

Here is my opinion on the subject:

You spent so much heart and energy and time into creating something your are proud of... something you think could make you some money. Why would you choose to go either/or on protecting it? You should register it with the WGAw ($20) and Copyright it with the Library of Congress ($30). $50 is not a lot of money to protect your work.
  9. manfred von

manfred von Gold Member

Re: Protection of your work

Serbian thieves about—
    ‘Okay,we now know Oz Rudd's real name is Stefan Simonovic !!’

we also know the world-wide-web
    is
    world-wide.
    writers,
    producers,
    directors,
    as a sad addition