1. Find out more about the Screenwriting Goldmine step by step guide to writing a screenplay... CLICK HERE for more information.

Microsoft Word Screenplay Template

Discussion in 'Screenwriting' started by raw_words, Nov 30, 2010.

1. raw_words

raw_words Bronze Member

Is this free screenplay template, edited correctly for industry standards?

office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/screenplay-TC001018636.aspx

Sorry can't link properly as I don't have a 20 post count yet.

If not links to other free word templates.

Thank you.
  2. MJ Scribe

MJ Scribe Bronze Member

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/screenplay-TC001018636.aspx

I checked it out, though I noticed it only showed the title page. FWIW, I haven't put the title in quotes on my title page. Not sure that matters so much...

You should also check out the CELTX download program, without cost. Works great if you ask me. Can't beat it for the cost. Good Luck!!
  3. Writerguy

Writerguy Bronze Member

4. Igor

Igor Bronze Member

Really, "the convention of using quotes on a title"? I don't see quotes very often on actual scripts, whether spec or production. Trottier's "Bible" says, "You may add quotation marks around a title if you wish, or underscore it, or both." (I don't use that book as my formatting be-all and end-all bible, but it is a significant reference.) Also, the sample for the Nicholl Fellowship run by the Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does not have quotes on the title page. Here's the link to their Resources page. Then click on the "Screenplay Format Sample (PDF)" link.
  5. HollywoodScribe

HollywoodScribe Bronze Member

Here in the States it is rare to use quotation marks on the title.
  6. MJ Scribe

MJ Scribe Bronze Member

FWIW I do care... I only mentioned it 'cause early on I had title in CAPS, underlined and in parenthesis and someone said it was wrong.

Most I've seen is simple caps in just about every script I've read. Seen some funky fonts, too. I wondered what everyone else did. Thanks for your imput. I appreciate it.
  7. wks2001

wks2001 Bronze Member

now I know we're not sitting her having a discussion on how to format a title - on the TITLE PAGE - I hope... in caps.