1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

May Someone Read My Television Pilot Please?

Discussion in 'Screenwriting' started by Youngy, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Youngy

Youngy Bronze Member

Hi there,
    I have recently finished writing the pilot episode for a television series. It is 56 pages long and is similar to the likes of Heroes or X-men.
    I was wondering, because I have been working on this and nothing else for the past few weeks, if anyone was willing to read it for me and give me a bit of feedback? I have worries about the format, action chunks and story and I think it would help if someone with a fresh pair of eyes could give me their take on it please?

Could you let me know if you are willing to read the script for me and I could email it to you.

Thank you in advance.
  2. IAN M

IAN M Bronze Member

I'll read it for you. Email it over.
  3. Australis

Australis Bronze Member

Why not? I see myself more as a TV writer than a movie writer, so I'll be cruel - cruel, I tells ya - but fair. :)
  4. IAN M

IAN M Bronze Member

Youngy did you get my email reply yet?
  5. Youngy

Youngy Bronze Member

Just replied, sorry I hadn't done sooner. Thanks.
  6. Australis

Australis Bronze Member

I've sent a reply too.
  7. stijnhommes

stijnhommes Bronze Member

If this your script is intended for the US market, you might need some additional editing. If you used the standard format correctly, 56 pages equates roughly 56 minutes. If you're aiming for an hour-long show, you should not forget about the commercial brakes. You probably should be aiming for something along the lines of 40-45 pages.