1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

Greetings from Sweaty Tampa Florida!

Discussion in 'New Goldminers' started by karenelizabeth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. karenelizabeth

karenelizabeth Bronze Member

Hi everyone,

Firstly what I can't understand is why I didn't join up here years ago! Maybe it wasn't the right time. Who knows.

I am English and have lived in Florida for nearly 25 years.

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to be a freelance writer and write mostly for the internet. Over the past few years I have written three screenplays and a novel with an attached screenplay. The first two were blah but good practice, and now I am trying to focus on the third. But I have a problem with the screenplay, and that's why I'm here looking for help.

My favorite movies are nothing like what I write: Dr, Strangelove, Oh Brother Where art Thou? Cone Heads, Wayne's World, Yellow Submarine, American Pie, and anything with Johnny Depp! I love both Beatles movies too - I grew up in Liverpool. Waking Ned Devine, anything Monty Python, Barbed Wire Fence. The movie I watch the most is probably Pulp Fiction.

That's enough. You probably think I'm screwy already!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Letterhead

Letterhead Bronze Member

Greetings karenelizabeth,

Welcome to the forum, from not-so-sweaty England!

David
  3. Megalophobic

Megalophobic Bronze Member

Hi karenelizabeth!

Boy do we have a lot in common: I'm new here and also an English expat. Migrated here about 20 years ago. Moved away from Florida to IL last year. I love Dr. Strangelove. And my middle name is Elizabeth!

I'd love to get to know more about you and your work.