1. Find out more about the Screenwriting Goldmine step by step guide to writing a screenplay... CLICK HERE for more information.

Greetings from Sweaty Tampa Florida!

Discussion in 'New Goldminers' started by karenelizabeth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. karenelizabeth

karenelizabeth Bronze Member

Hi everyone,

Firstly what I can't understand is why I didn't join up here years ago! Maybe it wasn't the right time. Who knows.

I am English and have lived in Florida for nearly 25 years.

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to be a freelance writer and write mostly for the internet. Over the past few years I have written three screenplays and a novel with an attached screenplay. The first two were blah but good practice, and now I am trying to focus on the third. But I have a problem with the screenplay, and that's why I'm here looking for help.

My favorite movies are nothing like what I write: Dr, Strangelove, Oh Brother Where art Thou? Cone Heads, Wayne's World, Yellow Submarine, American Pie, and anything with Johnny Depp! I love both Beatles movies too - I grew up in Liverpool. Waking Ned Devine, anything Monty Python, Barbed Wire Fence. The movie I watch the most is probably Pulp Fiction.

That's enough. You probably think I'm screwy already!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Letterhead

Letterhead Bronze Member

Greetings karenelizabeth,

Welcome to the forum, from not-so-sweaty England!

David
  3. Megalophobic

Megalophobic Bronze Member

Hi karenelizabeth!

Boy do we have a lot in common: I'm new here and also an English expat. Migrated here about 20 years ago. Moved away from Florida to IL last year. I love Dr. Strangelove. And my middle name is Elizabeth!

I'd love to get to know more about you and your work.