1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

First Legit Gig

Discussion in 'Brag Page' started by LukeJames, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LukeJames

LukeJames Gold Member

So it may be a small animation studio in Australia, but I can still that a film studio has hired me to write films for them.

We're doing a short first up, then the next film will be a feature... Can't wait to see if that gets off the ground!

I had to interview with the director/producer to get the job - as well as submitting writing samples. I took along the Goldmine Guider to the interview, as well as other material I've put together after being lucky enough to work closely with the captain of this ship, Phil Gladwin. The director was impressed with the material I had to show him, but he wasn't getting it without me!

So a small thanks to Phil. He knows what he's talking about!

Happy days ahead!
  2. 5ambo

5ambo Bronze Member

Good stuff!

Couldn't help laughing at your title "First legit gig"

Did you have a bad experience? :D
  3. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member

I didn't notice that, 5ambo - you're right, made me smile - what happened first time out, Luke - can't remember!

But seriously, well done. You deserve it.

Phil
  4. LukeJames

LukeJames Gold Member

I had an option on a memoir (Gumshoe Granny), and I developed a treatment in the hope to get funding from our local film body to write the script, but it never eventuated... too many hoops to jump through when dealing with, essentially, the government.

It was still a valuable learning experience, so it was profitable in that regard. ;)
  5. Australis

Australis Bronze Member

Good one!

Ummm, it sez msg too short, so...

Good one again! :D
  6. manfred von

manfred von Gold Member

well done, luke,
    well done.
    awaiting your first film with
    great expectations.
    m.
  7. Kat

Kat Gold Member

Congrats Luke! knock 'em dead, break a leg, all those cliches that fit this situation. :) I'm sure this is just the first one of many headed your way.
  8. Paula

Paula Gold Member

Congrats Luke,

You'll do brilliantly... (I saw their short animation 'Gus', oh so cute! :) )

Paula
  9. scott77

scott77 Bronze Member

CONGRATS! That is great to hear!

Scott H.