1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

Blade Runner, UMMMM

Discussion in 'Movie Chat' started by Architectus, Jan 20, 2012.

1. leedx7

leedx7 Gold Member

And here is where you lost me. :)

Pedantic point, Bladerunner was made in the 80's.

I know Ford felt it was a detective story with no detecting, and it definately falls fouls of Scott's love of a good visual but Batty is one of the greatest all-time movie antagonists.

+1.

I still shiver with near vomit when I see the end of Schindler's List and Oskars crappy tearful breakdown. I preferred the actual ending - he buggered off with a car full of gold bars, which the Swiss nicked on the border. :D
  2. Michael87

Michael87 Bronze Member

I watched Blade Runner for the first time about three weeks ago (I'm 25) and I too, felt slightly let down by it. Only slightly, though.

I think I was let down not just by the moive but also due to the fact that this flick has tons of hype surrounding it. I put it on expecting to be blown away by what I was about to see. By the time it finished and I wasn't totally mindblown by it, I felt as if after all these years, I hadn't exactly missed out on anything by not seeing it.

I understand it had knockout effects and visuals for it's day etc... It just wasn't as great as people make out.

Probably a 7/10 from me!
  3. spinningdoc

spinningdoc Bronze Member

It was also one of the first films to do the whole SF noir thing, which has since become more or or less a cliche. At the time though, it was fresh and new.
  4. youdothatvoodoo

youdothatvoodoo Bronze Member

Monsters a horror/thriller???? It's a love story and political allegory, at least the way I remember it...

writebyyourside