1. We want your script! The 3rd Annual Screenwriting Goldmine Contest is now open for entries. Cash prizes and meetings with our stellar judging panel of genuinely powerful industry figures. CLICK HERE for more information.

Auteur Screenwriter:James Cameron's 200 million movie might create box-office history

Discussion in 'Movie Chat' started by Ben, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben Bronze Member

When Terminator II came out he was the King of Hollywood.

He will return to claim the throne one more time.

Release date for this $200 million dollar movie -- Avatar -- Dec 18/2009.
    Too early to celebrate but from what I saw at

http://www.avatarmoviezone.com/ expect nothing but the greatest show on earth.

Which is your favorite James Cameron Quote --

I had pictured myself as a filmmaker but I had never pictured myself as a director if that makes any sense at all.
    James Cameron

I had read tons of science fiction. I was fascinated by other worlds, other environments. For me, it was fantasy, but it was not fantasy in the sense of pure escapism.
    James Cameron

I lived in a small town. It was 2,000 people in Canada. A little river that went through it and we swam in the - you know, there was a lot of water around. Niagara Falls was about four or five miles away.
    James Cameron

I mean, you have to be able - you have to have made the commitment within yourself to do whatever it takes to get the job done and to try to inspire other people to do it, because obviously the first rule is you can't do it by yourself.
    James Cameron

Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you're a director. Everything after that you're just negotiating your budget and your fee.
    James Cameron

The film industry is about saying 'no' to people, and inherently you cannot take 'no' for an answer.
    James Cameron

The magic doesn't come from within the director's mind, it comes from within the hearts of the actors.
    James Cameron

There are many talented people who haven't fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.
    James Cameron

What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?
    James Cameron

You have to not listen to the nay sayers because there will be many and often they'll be much more qualified than you and cause you to sort of doubt yourself.
    James Cameron

You know, in the film making business no one ever gives you anything.
    James Cameron
  2. KarenMBryson

KarenMBryson Gold Member

Re: Auteur Screenwriter:James Cameron's 200 million movie might create box-office his

I'm not a huge science fiction fan but Avatar looks like it has an interesting cast. Giovanni Ribisi is one of my favorite actors and I would see the film just for that reason alone. I think the Terminator films are okay. The reason why I think James Cameron is a master filmmaker is Titanic. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest films ever made - nearly perfect in every way! (And you have to love that's he's Canadian!)